Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Halloween Jars

Sorry for the lack of posting.  Don't worry this isn't the only blog that I've managed to neglect.  Our family blog is lucky to get one post per month.  Being a working mommy that also is trying to find time to craft and redecorate is harder then it looks. 

I found some Halloween jars on Pinterest and knew immediately that I needed to make them.  So I pinned them to my board hoping to find some time to make them.  After reading a few blogs on  how to make them I realized I had all the necessary material (except Orange... really who has orange tissue paper) to make these jars.  Plus the hubby wanted to get rid of the bottles I had from a few Christmas's ago that I used for Neighbor gifts.  So this was a perfect opportunity to make some new decorations and get rid of something in a creative way.

Before I begin I just want to make sure credit is given where credit is due. 
This is the link to the Monstor Jars that I pretty much copied.  Not So Idle Hands Monster Jars
And here is a link to the tutorial on how to make them.  Not So Idle Hands Pumpkin Jar Tutorial

I don't have a tutorial because I wanted you to go to Not So Idle Hand's website to check it out.  Plus here instructions were perfect so why mess with perfection. 

Here are my jars.  I didn't have different size jars so I just worked with what I had.  Plus it doesn't look too bad that they are all the same size.
The lights were already on the ledge where the Monsters were so I just used them. I may switch them to the white lights but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment