Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Batman Hooded Towel



When I saw this post over at emile handmade I knew immediately that I had to make one for one of my friends that was having a baby. I made this in December so this is a old craft project that I worked on, but just found the pictures....

I followed her tutorial pretty much to the "T".

I had found the towel at Target on clearnace (score) and picked up the yellow towel at Wal-mart for farily cheap.

I think total cost for this amazing project was under $5.

So to begin go to Emile's blog and check out her tutorial.

The only thing that I didn't do was the loops for the arms to go into since I was making this towel for a baby gift. Also I used binding (I think that's what it's called) for the edges so it gave it more of a finished look to it. So to finish it off I attached the binding to the edge of the towel with pins. I cut it off at each edge and started again to give it the perfect scalloped look.

My friend LOVED this gift.


This is Zack modeling the towel before I gave it as a gift.

1 comment:

  1. You wouldn't still have the construction details would you? I tried to go to the blog you talk about, but it is no longer there.

    Thanks,
    Ralene

    ReplyDelete