Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Neighbor Christmas Gift

Every year I try to give a neighbor gift to some of my neighbors and also I give a little homemade gift to my close friends.

This year my friend gift was Christmas coasters. I got the idea from a few different blogs (our computer blew up so I lost all my links).

First I bought 4 coasters for each of my friends.
I got the tiles from Lowes
Cost: $0.28 each tile



Next I bought a sheet of cork for the backs. Don't want the coasters scratching anyone's tables. I cut the cork so it fits on the back of tile.
Cost for the sheet of cork was under $1.00



Next I bought some Christmas napkins from Target. I think the cost for the napkins (pack of 25) was just under $2.00.
Cut the napkin so it fits on the tile. I just mine just a little bit smaller so a little bit of the tile was showing.



I then mod podged the napkin to the tile. It does bubble a little bit so you have to use the mod podge sparingly.



To finish off the tile I sprayed each one with a waterproof spray.

Photobucket

Word to the wise, if your going to spray the waterproofer outside make sure to have something underneath the tiles. Or else your cement will look like mine....

Medium

I didn't get a picture of all the tiles together but I tied four tiles together with a ribbon. You can kind of get the idea, I made the ribbon look like a present.

No comments:

Post a Comment