Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mummy Cookie suckers

I love watching Good Things Utah. I listen to the girls talk the first segment of the show then I fast forward to either the craft segment (if there is one) or the cooking segment. I know I'm bad, but with 2 little boys I have very limited time to watch TV. A few weeks ago I saw these cookies decorated on GTU. I loved them. I wanted to do them for a neighborhood gift but as I mentioned limited time because of two little boys I got them made but never got them out to neighbors. Well actually I did finally give them to a neighbor as a thank you for watching my kids last minute so I could go to work. I think they turned out pretty good.



Things needed to make this project:
  • Double Stuffed Oreo's
  • Sucker sticks
  • Melting chocolate
  • Something for the eyes (I used M&M's -- which were kind of big but effective)

What to do:

  • Take oreo's apart without breaking the frosting apart. Dip the sucker sticks in melted chocolate before putting inbetween the cookies. This will help make the sticks stay and not slid up or down.
  • Put in freezer for a little bit to let the chocolate set up
  • Next Dip the oreo pops in melted chocolate. Lay on Parchment paper. Place eyes in the chocolate immediately. Freeze until chocolate is set.
  • I don't have cake decorating tools so I put melted chocolate in a plastic baggie and cut off one of the corners of the bag. Press the chocolate out in strips to make the bandages for the mummy's. Makes sure to cover the top and the bottom of the eyes. And don't worry it doesn't have to be perfect, it's suppose to look like bandages.
  • Place in freezer for a few minutes so the chocolate can harden.
  • Eat or give to a neighbor.
Things I learned:
  • Don't spread out the chocolate decorating over a entire week
  • Put the eyes on after you dip the oreo's in the chocolate. I did it after they had hardened and it worked out okay but because I froze and thawed them so many times the chocolate started to fade.
  • Give to neighbors because they are ADORABLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment