Monday, May 16, 2011

Bib Apron


This was one of the easiest projects I've worked on in a while.  And I loved the outcome! 

I found the post about the "Bapron" on U-create. If you still haven't been to their website then you need to go... right now..! That site is a wealth of knowledge and different skill level.

Here is the actual tutorial on how to make the bib aprons. I made the aprons for a fundraiser for our Young Women so they could raise money for Girl's camp. I'm not sure what the they actual went for, but any donations totally helped that night.

I made mine so they could be a set.


A set for a boy,


and a set for a girl.  I'll admit when I showed my husband the first one I made and it was a girl's color I saw fear in his eyes.  I think he thought I was going to announce something to him.  Luckily for him I just like making girly stuff and wanted to make the girl bibs first.

If you've taken a look a the tutorial welcome back :).  I pretty much followed her instructions and pattern to a "T".  I made my bias tape to be the 1.5" size.  It was perfect and so so easy.  And I am 100% a fan of making bias tape now.  I love that you can make it to match whatever you are working on.  Goodbye buying bias tape! 

Here is a view of the back of the bapron. 

And if you think that the Bapron is only for babies you're wrong.  Zack had to try on one of the baprons too.  So here is a picture of my 3 year old and my 1 year old sporting the bapron.  Such good models.  Oh and trying to get them both to look at the camera... impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment