Sunday, May 29, 2011

I have a room and I need the time

I finally have my very own craft room.  Before I had a corner in our computer room and most of my stuff was "organized" in the closet.  It's so nice to have my own space because since it's not such a public area I'm able to have my creative mess.

And yes it is a creative mess. I know where 90% of my stuff is located and I work better when I am able to spread out. This is also a space where hopefully the kids will stay out of. I have a child proof ball thing on my door so far it's kept the little ones out.  Woe be the day they learn how to get in, then we'll have to invest in a lock.

Here is a before
 
(Such a mess! Which is why moving to the basement was needed so badly)

Moving day














And a after of what my space looks like.  

The walk in closet.  With a built in cabinet perfect for 12x12 items! 

The space isn't 100% finished.  The electrical has to be worked on which is why there is ugly extension cord running through the room and I want to add fun things to the walls. Pictures, Saying, shelves for magazines and fun stuff like that. But's it's a work in progress and things cost money.

Crafts in Progress
I thought it would be fun to show a "few" projects that I'm working on. I'm netorious for starting things and not finishing them.  So I'm setting a goal with myself to work on all my unfinished projects throughout the month of may.  That includes all holiday stuff that I wanted to get out but never finished.


Above is a picture of my "project" boxes.   A lot of random items that are just getting stored away. 

Below is all of my projects pulled out of the box and organized a little bit.  I'm really excited to start my new goal this coming month.  And the upside of it, I won't have to spend any money because I already have EVERYTHING that I need!


Here are the unfinished projects I will be working on
"A Crafting Bucket List" if you may.

Photobucket
1. DI Find - Upcycle into something cool.  Maybe a chalkboard for the toy room.  Still undecided.
2. Zack and Gavin's names for their rooms. I started this project last summer. 
3.  Wooden Easter Bunny from 2 years ago I think.
4. Ribbon Board.  I just never got around to doing the criss cross ribbons. 
5.  I Spy Bags. This is from the last Craft Extravagansa that my ward had, so hopefull it gets finished within the same year.
6.  I just realized this is actually two projects and I may be missing on piece.  One is a block of wood that had the 4 season's on each side.  The second is a welcome sign that has wooden things dangling for each season.
7.  All I have to do is mend this poor snake for Zack.  Grandma bought it for him and I started noticing the entire side coming ustitched; so I had to put him away.
8.  Witches Boot - Halloween project
9. Fabric for Pumpkins
10. Wooden Turkey.  I've had this guy for well over 3 years.  About time he got finished!
11. Fabric for a skirt I want to make.  This is actually round 2 of a skirt I've tried making before.  Let's hope this one turns out better then the first.
12. Beanie/Hats for the boys.  Found on a website to upcycle old sweaters.  I found a sweater at DI to practice on. 
13.  Pillows for the Playroom couch.
14. The sheets are fabric for a comforter I want to make and the foam and gray fabric are for a backboard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment